If you are planning to get married this year that it’s quite possible you might have thought about ways to improve your smile. Your wedding day is probably the day when you’ll be most photographed in your life, and you’ll want to look your best to help make those memories as perfect as possible. However it is important to plan ahead as certain treatments may take a little more time than others, and you don’t want to leave everything to the final few weeks before your big day, or do anything to add to those last-minute nerves. A smile makeover may consist of just one procedure, or you may want to incorporate several different treatments to get a more perfect smile. The first thing to do is to make an appointment with Dr David Brown or another dentist at Leeds City Dentalcare to discuss your smile and how you’d like to improve it. The treatments that may be recommended might be pretty basic, or they might be more involved. They could include:
- Professional cleaning. This is the most basic treatment possible, as it’s already likely that youhave your teeth professionally cleaned every time you visit our Leeds surgery, probably at the same time as you have your dental checkup. This may be enough for some people, as professional cleaning helps to remove surface staining and freshens up breath. Professional cleaning takes just an hour to complete.
- Teeth whitening is an extremely popular treatment for grooms and brides to be. You can whiten your teeth by several shades within a relatively short space of time. Teeth Whitening treatment can be completed within a couple of weeks or even less, depending on the method used.
- Dental bonding can be used to mend small chips or other imperfections in your teeth and uses a composite resin material. The beauty of this treatment is that it can be completed in one visit to Leeds City Dentalcare, and it really can make quite a difference to your smile.
- Dental veneers are thin slips of porcelain that are bonded onto the outer surfaces of your teeth and can be used to modify a number of imperfections, or to close up or narrow gaps in between your teeth. This treatment is more complicated and does require several visits to our dental surgery in Leeds. You’ll probably need to allow quite a lot of time to have this treatment completed, especially if you want to have your teeth bleached. You’ll need to have your teeth bleached first before having dental veneers.
- Orthodontic treatment can be used to straighten up your smile, and Leeds City Dentalcare uses a couple of different systems to help straighten up teeth. Both these systems are virtually invisible, but it’s highly likely treatment will take several months to complete. Afterwards you may want to perfect your smile a little further through the use of dental bonding, veneers or maybe just teeth whitening.
- Dental implants are an ideal treatment if you have any teeth missing. This treatment can take quite a few months to complete as it does require a small surgical procedure to insert a post into your jawbone, which then needs to be left to heal for several months.
One thing to mention about all these treatments, with the exception of the professional cleaning, is that they do need to be carried out on a healthy mouth. If you haven’t visited a dentist for a while then now would be a great time to make an appointment to see one of our dentists in Leeds City Dentalcare, ensuring your smile looks beautifully healthy on the day.