Regular examinations or check-ups are a must.
Even if you carry out the perfect oral hygiene routine you may not be able to spot potential problems by yourself in your own bathroom mirror. Attending a dental check up on a regular basis avoids any nasty surprises and allows us to treat any potential problems quickly and efficiently, enabling you to keep in great dental shape.
We strongly believe in the motto "prevention is better than cure", and recommend an examination every 6 months. We carry out oral cancer screening as standard, and our aim is always to detect any dental problems early, before a serious problem develops.
Achieving healthy teeth and gums is fundamental for patients of all ages. Our Dental Hygienist works with our Dentists to provide each one of our patients with a careful individual assessment of their risk factors for dental disease, and a clear and simple explanation of the correct ways to maintain their teeth and gums in excellent health.
It is essential to realise that decay, gum disease and tooth loss are all preventable. Our tips for a healthy mouth are:
- Use a toothbrush with a small head
- Use a toothbrush with medium textured nylon bristles
- Use a small amount of fluoride toothpaste
- Thoroughly brush for 3 minutes at least twice a day
- Remember to concentrate on the area where teeth meet gums
- Use dental tape or floss daily to clean between your teeth
- Remember to see your Dentist and Hygienist regularly for maintenance and advice
- Watch the number of sugary snacks and drinks you have between meals